Category : Nursing
Theris A. Touhy DNP CNS DPNAP (Author), Kathleen F Jett PhD GNP-BC (Author)
Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the only gerontological nursing text that follows a wellness-based, holistic approach to older adult care. Designed to facilitate healthy aging regardless of the situation or disease process, this text goes beyond simply tracking recommended treatments to address complications, alleviate discomfort, and help older adults lead healthy lives. Featuring evidence-based practice boxes, safety alerts, expanded tables, and careful attention to age, gender, and cultural differences, Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the most complete text on the market.
- Focus on health and wellness helps you gain an understanding of the patient's experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing core competencies integrated throughout.
- Consistent chapter organization and pedagogy, including Learning Objectives, Glossary, and Research and Study Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences helps you understand these important considerations in caring for older adults
- Expanded tables, boxes, and forms, including the latest scales and guidelines for proper health assessment make information easy to find and use.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter equip you with the information you need to assess the patient.
- UPDATED! Healthy People 2020 boxes integrate information about healthy aging.
- NEW! Safety Alerts highlight safe practices and quality of care QSEN competencies.
- NEW! Chapter on Neurologic Compromise expands content on stroke and Parkinson's disease.
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (March 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323096069
- ISBN-13: 978-0323096065
- ISBN-13: 9780323096065
- eText ISBN: 9780323096041
- eText ISBN: 9781926648248