Category : Orthopaedics & Trauma
This book follows a context-based approach to management of early-onset scoliosis (EOS) in countries with limited resources in education, finance, and research. Due to the great variety in etiology, onset age, progression rate, and severity associated with EOS, it calls for a unique treatment plan. This book enumerates the optimal provision of surgical and non-surgical services, from education/training of local surgeons, to effective teamwork, to implementing an effective data collection system; helping the surgeon to gain a hands-on experience. It also illustrates the successful execution of deformity correction using real life experiences from countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Discusses biomedical principles that will help to get universally standard implants that are credible and affordable for countries with limited resources.
- Specific surgical Guidelines and the ability to develop evidence-based practice for this service would be an interesting read for surgeons working in global organizations as well as to local surgeons.
- First book to focus on countries with limited resources for the management of early onset scoliosis.
- Item Weight:1.74 pounds
- eText ISBN: 9781000298666
- Hardcover:283 pages
- Publisher:CRC Press; 1st edition (January 4, 2021)