Category : Pharmacology
Drug Metabolism Handbook: Concepts and Applications in Cancer Research, 2nd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Format : Publisher PDF
File Size : 21.9 MB
ISBN : 9781119851011
By Ala F. Nassar, Paul F. Hollenberg, JoAnn Scatina, Soumen Kanti Manna, Su Zeng
A comprehensive explanation of drug metabolism concepts and applications in drug development and cancer treatment
In the newly revised second edition of Drug Metabolism Handbook: Concepts and Applications in Cancer Research, a distinguished team of researchers delivers an incisive and robust exploration of the drug metabolism system and a well-illustrated and detailed explanation of the latest tools and techniques used in the research, pharmacology, and medicine. The book discusses the creation of new molecular entities, drug development, troubleshooting, and other highly relevant concepts, guiding readers through new applications in pharmaceutical research, development, and assessment.
The latest edition offers updated content on metabolism basics and the application of a variety of new techniques to cancer treatment, including mass spectrometry, imaging, metabolomics, and immunotherapy. It also offers in-depth case studies highlighting the role of metabolism in drug development.
Readers will also benefit from:
- A thorough introduction to drug metabolism, including a historical perspective, factors affecting metabolism, and biotransformations in drug metabolism
- Comprehensive discussions of technologies for in vitro and in vivo studies, including mass spectrometry and accelerating metabolite identification with mass spectrometry
- In-depth explorations of drug interactions, including discussions of enzyme inhibition and the characterization of cytochrome P450 mechanism-based inhibition
- Fulsome treatments of drug toxicity, including the role of drug metabolism in toxicity, and allergic reactions to drugs
Perfect for medicinal chemists, pharmaceutical scientists, and toxicologists, Drug Metabolism Handbook: Concepts and Applications in Cancer Research, Second Edition will also earn a place in the libraries of analytical chemists and drug discovery professionals.
- Publisher : Wiley; 2nd edition (November 22, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1056 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119851017
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119851011