Category : *HOT books Nursing
By Ambika Ravindran, Sonali Banerjee
Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 6th Edition prepares students to learn the basic concepts and fundamental skills that LPNs/LVNs need to practice in a number of care settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical offices, clinics, surgery centres, and home care agencies. This second South Asia Edition of DeWit’s Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing is a uniquely featured textbook, designed to make a worthy impact on its readers. The book is customised as per the revised B.Sc. Nursing curriculum prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) to meet the learning requirements of undergraduate students. Nursing professionals aspiring for higher education or career progression will also find this book useful for reference.
The full-colour text contains theoretical nursing concepts, step-by-step skills and procedures, and clinical applications to build a strong foundation in the patient care experience. The underlying framework of all the chapters pivots around the nursing process, and also portrays the concepts like psycho-social aspects, critical thinking, communication skills, inter- professional collaborations, patient-family education and cultural integrity.
• Discusses more than 80 essential skills and around 30 petite forms of skills with step-by-step format supported with coloured illustrations along with action/rationale format
• Each chapter starts with key terms, objectives and has supportive glossary
• Enhanced with stimulating highpoints such as Special Clinical Cues, Cultural Considerations, Lifespan Considerations, Focused Assessment, Health Promotion, Legal & Ethical Considerations, Patient Education, QSEN Considerations, Safety Alert and Think Critically boxes
• Includes nursing process framework featuring the application of the nursing process and nursing care plans, reinforcing its application in the clinical setting
• More than 20 Nursing Care Plans illustrating each step of the nursing process
• Includes Concept Maps that help students visualise concepts addressed in the text and learn how a condition or response (relating to symptoms, treatments, and side effects) can affect more than one body system
- Publisher : Elsevier India; 2nd edition (December 10, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 968 pages
- ISBN-10 : 8131256456
- ISBN-13 : 978-8131256459