By Matthew Schmitz, Stephen Thompson MD MEd FRCSC
The difference between an average surgeon and a master surgeon is often an ability to navigate and resolve surgical complications. Complications in Orthopaedics: Pediatrics provides expert guidance and offers real solutions to improve patient outcomes, both for the trainee and for the experienced surgeon. This brand new volume in the new Complications in Orthopaedics series from Dr. Stephen R. Thompson, co-editor of Miller’s Orthopaedics and DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, and Dr. Matthew R. Schmitz, focuses on how to “get out of the weeds, with practical, use-now advice on pediatric trauma, upper extremity, spine, lower extremity, and neuromuscular/congenital disorders.
- Describes how to navigate the most common or most devastating errors and complications in pediatric orthopaedic surgery, combining the breadth of knowledge of academic surgeons with the “‘in-the-trenches skills of community surgeons.
- Follows a templated, reader-friendly format throughout.
- Emphasizes how to recognize and avoid errors, with thorough coverage of preoperative errors, intraoperative issues, and postoperative complications.
- Includes video clips, clinical images, and MRI and CT scans to enhance and reinforce the material.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0323873979
- Publication date : January 10, 2024
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1 edition
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323873970