Category : *HOT books Orthopaedics & Trauma
By Paul Maxwell Courtney MD, Yale A. Fillingham MD, Stephen A. Thompson MD MED FRCSC
One of the hallmarks of a master surgeon is the ability to navigate a wide variety of inevitable difficult situations in surgery, whether errors in judgment, technical mistakes, or unavoidable outcomes. Under the leadership of series editor Dr. Stephen R. Thompson, the Complications in Orthopaedics series provides real-world guidance on recognizing and avoiding errors, as well as how to “course-correct during surgery. In this volume, Drs. P. Maxwell Courtney, Yale A. Fillingham, and a team of expert surgeons describe the most common errors and complications of adult reconstruction surgery, focusing on the knee and hip and demonstrating practical solutions that are integral to improving patient outcomes.
- Covers key topics such as Pain Management Following Total Hip Arthroplasty and Total Knee Arthroplasty, Achieving Balance and Stability During a Total Knee Arthroplasty, Unicompartmental Knee Arthoplasty, Neurovascular Injury in Total Hip Arthroplasty, Post-operative Periprosthetic Fractures in Total Hip Arthroplasty, Hip Preservation: Complications of PAO?, and many more.
- Describes and offers solutions to the most common or most devastating errors and complications in the practice of adult reconstruction surgery, combining the breadth of knowledge of academic surgeons with the in-the-trenches skills of community surgeons.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, standardized chapter format that covers preoperative errors, intraoperative issues, and postoperative complications.
- Includes procedural video clips to reinforce discussions in the text.
- Features a full-color design with numerous photographs, radiographs, and illustrations.
- Includes introductory material on relevant anatomy and necessary background information.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (July 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 412 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323824374
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323824378
- ISBN-13 : 9780323824378
- eText ISBN: 9780323545990