Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques is a crisp, concise elaboration of the 100 main features of the very popular and evidence-based CBT approach within the field of psychotherapy.
In recent decades CBT has been applied to an ever-increasing number of problems (including anxiety disorders, substance abuse and eating disorders) and populations (children, adolescents and older people). With newly incorporated material on supervision, this extensively revised and updated third edition covers CBT theory and practice. Divided into helpful sections, the topics covered include:
- Misconceptions about CBT
- Teaching the cognitive model
- Assessment→case conceptualization→treatment planning
- Ways of detecting and answering negative automatic thoughts (NATs)
- Homework (between-session assignments)
- Conducting behavioural experiments
- Uncovering and restructuring intermediate and core beliefs
- Relapse management
- Third wave CBT
This compact, usable book is an essential guide for psychotherapists and counsellors, both trainee and qualified, who need to ensure they are entirely familiar with the key features of CBT as part of a general introduction to the current major psychotherapies.
- Paperback:314 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781000332995
- Item Weight:1.11 pounds
- Publisher:Routledge; 3rd edition (December 30, 2020)