Category : Medical Assistants
Clinical Medicine for Physician Assistants (Original PDF from Publisher)
Format : Publisher PDF
File Size : 888.1 MB
ISBN : 9780826182425
By James Van Rhee MS PA-C DFAAPA, Christine Bruce DMSc MHSA PA-C DFAAPA, Stephanie Neary MPA MMS PA-C
The only textbook for PA students by PA educators that covers everything you need to know for your clinical medicine courses.
This groundbreaking clinical textbook designed specifically for physician assistant students was developed by PA educators to ensure that you have the exact information you need to succeed in your challenging clinical medicine courses. Designed with the unique PA curriculum in mind, Clinical Medicine for Physician Assistants addresses current ARC-PA standards, providing you with a single go-to resource for all the topics you'll need to master.
Organized by body system, this text provides the in-depth, head-to-toe foundation you'll need as you prepare to move into clinical practice. Not only does it cover hundreds of clinical conditions, but it also provides important insights on how to manage the most common chief complaints, system by system, with useful algorithms to guide you through patient visits.
Chapters include a digestible and methodical review of conditions, including pathophysiology, etiology, history, signs and symptoms, physical exam, and diagnosis details for each. Also included are treatment options, patient education, and special considerations for various patient populations. Additionally, you'll find key points at the end of each chapter, along with knowledge checks to help you synthesize and apply what you learned.
- The first clinical medicine textbook developed for PAs by PAs specifically for the PA curriculum
- Designed to reflect current ARC-PA competencies and standards for clinical medicine courses
- Covers all the clinical topics on the current NCCPA PANCE blueprint and more
- Includes chapters on surgery, abuse, care of the LGBTQ+ patient population, and preventive medicine
- More than 300 four-color illustrations, dozens of algorithms, and 600 useful tables and boxes to facilitate learning
- Key points and knowledge checks to reinforce learning
- Useful guidance for navigating common chief complaints
- Robust instructor resources, including an instructor manual, PowerPoint lectures, case studies, and a test bank with more than 1,000 questions
- Publisher : Springer Publishing Company; 1st edition (February 28, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1148 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0826182429
- ISBN-13 : 978-0826182425
- ISBN-13 : 9780826182425
- eText ISBN: 9780826182432