Category : Orthopaedics & Trauma
By Jin Bo Tang MD, Grey Giddins MD
In this issue of Hand Clinics, guest editor Drs. Jin Bo Tang and Grey Giddins bring their considerable expertise to the topic of Challenging Current Wisdom in Hand Surgery. With contributing authors from eight different countries, this unique issue presents truly global perspectives that challenge current ways of thinking in an effort to uncover a more complete view of each topic. Readers will find articles that highlight the importance of thinking outside the box as well as the most modern way of thinking about each topic in this volume.
- Contains relevant, practice-oriented topics including the revised treatment plan for the mallet finger; the conservative treatment of some hand and carpal fractures; internal fixation of hand fractures: field sterility and earlier removal of K wires are safe; the trapezium is not necessary: implications in treating basal joint arthritis and pollicization; dynamic rather than static procedures in correcting claw deformities from ulnar nerve palsy; and more.
- Provides in-depth clinical reviews on challenges to current wisdom in hand surgery, offering actionable insights for clinical practice.
- Presents the latest information on this timely, focused topic under the leadership of experienced editors in the field. Authors synthesize and distill the latest research and practice guidelines to create clinically significant, topic-based reviews.
- Publisher : Elsevier (September 2, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323920179
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323920179
- ISBN-13 : 9780323920179
- eText ISBN: 9780323920186