Category : Orthopaedics & Trauma
By Wenguo Cui, Xin Zhao, Shen Liu
Biofabrication for Orthopedics
A comprehensive overview of biofabrication techniques for orthopedics and their novel applications
With an ever-increasing global population and the rise in the occurrence of orthopedic diseases amongst an aging population, it is essential for technological advances to meet this growing medical need. Orthopedic biofabrication is a cutting-edge field that seeks to produce novel clinical solutions to this mounting problem, through the incorporation of revolutionary technologies that have the potential to not only transform healthcare, but also provide highly automated and personalized patient solutions. With the advances in the discipline, there is a significant growing interest in biofabrication for orthopedics in research activity geared towards routine clinical use.
Ideal for a broad readership amongst medical practitioners and scientists, Biofabrication for Orthopedics summarizes all aspects of the topic: detailed information on the technology, along with advanced developments, research progress, and future perspectives on biofabrication for orthopaedics—particularly on the potential applications for tissue engineering technologies. In doing so, the book describes the various biomaterials—natural and synthetic—use for orthopedics and discusses the many ways in which these materials can be used in all parts of the body. As such, it offers detailed information on a wide range of applications in the fields of biology and clinical and industrial manufacturing.
Biofabrication for Orthopedics readers will also find:
- Insights into the applications of biofabrication technologies in various bodily functions
- Thorough discussion of different biofabrication techniques used in creating orthopedic products, like stereolithography, cell sheet and organ bioprinting, electrospinning, and microfluidics
- Discussion of a wide range of diverse functions, such as bone implants, skin regeneration, vascularization, meniscus remodeling, and more
Biofabrication for Orthopedics is a useful reference for those in a variety of research fields like medical-related practitioners and scientists, materials science, medicine, and manufacturing, as well as the libraries who support them.
- Publisher : Wiley-VCH; 1st edition (September 13, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 688 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3527348891
- ISBN-13 : 978-3527348893
- ISBN-13 : 9783527348893
- eText ISBN: 9783527831357