By William R. Jarvis MD
Written by the world’s foremost leaders in the field of nosocomial infections, Bennett & Brachman’s Hospital Infections, 7th Edition, is a must-have text for preventing Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) in all inpatient and outpatient healthcare settings. This comprehensive volume provides up-to-date, authoritative coverage on all aspects of this vital topic, with editor Dr. William R. Jarvis leading a team of notable contributors from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as additional authors who provide an international perspective on HAIs. The newly revised and expanded seventh edition continues to be an invaluable resource for anyone working in infection prevention and control, quality assurance or risk management in healthcare settings.
- Provides evidence-based strategies for the prevention of the big four HAIs—CLABSIs, CAUTIs, SSIs, and VAE.
- Contains a new comprehensive chapter on Coronaviruses, including COVID-19.
- Expanded new chapters on antimicrobial stewardship, HAI prevention in community hospitals and hospitals in resource-limited settings, the inanimate environment, disinfection and sterilization, and prevention of fungal infections and infections in burn patients.
- Contains a new comprehensive chapter on the Prevention of infections and other complications associated with Peripheral Intravenous Devices.
- Covers the latest prevention strategies through coverage of automated room terminal disinfection (ultraviolet germicidal irradiation or hydrogen peroxide gas or vapor).
- Includes the latest evidence-based data on the control of antimicrobial-resistant pathogens, such as carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae, Clostridioides difficile, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant Enterococci, and Candida auris.
- Publisher : LWW; Seventh edition (January 7, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 946 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975149602
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975149604