Category : Neurology Pain Medicine
by Steven D. Waldman
Obtain optimal diagnostic results from the field’s foremost pain expert! Noted authority Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, offers complete, concise, and highly visual guidance on the diagnosis of more than 100 uncommon pain syndromes less frequently encountered in daily practice. Vivid illustrations depict the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site as well as key imaging findings involving techniques such as MRI, CT, and conventional radiograph. It’s the effective, easy-access resource you need to evaluate uncommon pain syndromes and sharpen your diagnostic skills.
- Uses a consistent format to explore each pain syndrome, progressing through diagnostic codes • signs and
- Quickly and easily find the information you need thanks to highly templated chapters.
- Confidently overcome the clinical challenges you’re likely to face with well-rounded guidance from this companion volume to Dr. Waldman’s Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 3rd Edition.
- Accurately diagnose and treat uncommon pain syndromes by following a step-by-step approach that progresses from signs and symptoms through physical findings, laboratory and radiographic testing, treatment options, and clinical pearls.
- Recognize the visual manifestations of pain with help from nearly 400 vivid illustrations-more than 100 new to this edition, many in color-depicting the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site, and diagnostic images demonstrating key findings from MRI, CT, and conventional radiography.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with complete updates throughout including new chapters on SUNCT Headache, Primary Thunderclap Headache, Hypnic Headache, Nummular Headache, Atypical Odontalgia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia, Red Ear Syndrome, Clival Chordoma Syndrome, Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder, Osteonecrosis of the Elbow Joint, Driver’s Elbow, Boxer’s Knuckle, Trigger Wrist, Superior Cluneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome, Clitoral Priapism, Breaststroker’s Knee, Glomus Tumor of the Knee, and Fabella Syndrome.
- Features updated chapters throughout, and19 new chaptersto keep you abreast of the conditions presenting in today’s practice.
- Presents over 350 illustrations-175 in full color and more than 100 new to this edition-as well as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, helping you to confirm your diagnoses and confidently implement techniques.
Brand new chapters include:
Primary Thunderclap Headache
Burning Mouth Syndrome
Nervus Intermedius Neuralgia
Red Ear Syndrome
Clival Chordoma Syndrome
Glomus Tumor of the Shoulder
Osteonecrosis of the Elbow Joint
Superior Cluneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome
Glomus Tumor of the Knee
- ISBN-13: 9781455709991
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date: 6/20/2013
- Edition number: 3
- Pages: 400