This course provides a practical overview and update on clinically relevant topics in prostate and female pelvic imaging. Highlighting cutting-edge MR developments and solutions for implementing a robust clinical prostate program, practical tips will be given on optimizing MR protocols for the pelvis, reducing imaging artifacts, use of PI-RADS v2.1 for prostate imaging, focal treatment techniques, and MR-Transrectal Ultrasound fusion biopsy techniques.
Learning Outcomes and Lectures
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss a consistent and practical approach to prostate MRI interpretation.
- Distinguish between significant and insignificant prostate cancers and clinical outcomes.
- Describe the most commonly used components of a multiparametric prostate MRI exam.
- Outline rapidly evolving options for targeted biopsy and focal treatment options.
- Analyze the wide range of clinical settings where MRI can be a powerful diagnostic tool: screening, active surveillance, staging, recurrence identification, treatment planning, treatment response evaluation.
Module 1—Multiparametric Prostate MRI
- Prostate Cancer Backrground: Epidemiology and Pathology—Abhinav Sidana, MD
- Prostate MRI: Anatomy and Staging—Sadhna Verma, MD
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging: Tricks to Optimize This Technique—Jeffrey Weinreb, MD
- Case based PI-RADS V2.1 Interpretation—Daniel Margolis, MD
Module 2—Practical Approaches to mp-MRI
- Tips and Pitfalls in Prostate MRI—Rajan Gupta, MD
- Risk Assessment of Prostate Cancer—Clare Tempany, MD
- Active Surveillance—Jeffrey Weinreb, MD
Module 3—Targeted Prostate Biopsy and Treatment
- Targeted Prostate Biopsy Techniques—Daniel Margolis, MD
- Emerging Focal Therapies in Prostate Cancer—Sadhna Verma, MD
- Optimal Imaging for Prostate Cancer Recurrence—Clare Tempany, MD
Module 4—Biopsy Case Review
- Biopsy Case Review—Silvia Chang, MD
Module 5—Optimizing Pelvic Imaging Techniques
- Artifacts and Pitfalls in MR Imaging of the Pelvis—Mukesh Harisinghani, MD
- Abbreviated Pelvic MR Protocols—Mukesh Harisinghani, MD
Module 6—Women's Imaging
- Ultrasound and MRI of Uterine Masses—Elizabeth Sadowski, MD
- Imaging of Endometrial and Cervical Cancer: What Your Gynecologist Wants You to Know—Elizabeth Sadowski, MD