by Sahar Swidan (Editor), Matthew Bennett (Editor)
Chronic pain places a tremendous burden on both the patient and the healthcare system. The use of opioids to address pain has resulted in negative impacts. As practitioners work to undo the current opioid crisis, options to manage pain need a new approach. Advanced Therapeutics in Pain Medicine offers pioneering approaches to this intransigent problem providing a functional medicine approach toward treating pain.
This book is dedicated to the advancement of non-opioid therapeutic options that offer real progress in reaching a future of better pain management. With an emphasis on pathophysiology, chapters review various types of pain and propose comprehensive treatment plans. These include manual therapies, novel pharmacologic and plant-based approaches, hormonal effects on pain pathways, as well as psychological and lifestyle interventions.
· Written by a multi-discplinary team, the book provides clinicians with multiple non-opioid treatment considerations.
· Enables practitioners to shift from a “one size fits all’ treatment approach toward individualized patient care.
· Includes case studies to help educate the provider on how to implement treatment plans in practice.
Written by a team of physicians, pharmacists, psychologists and researchers, this important book offers a much needed step forward in optimizing pain care and benefits practitioners who care for patients experiencing chronic pain.
- Paperback : 406 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367637987
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367637989
- ISBN-13 : 9780367637989
- eText ISBN: 9780429998263
- Item Weight : 1.11 pounds
- Publisher : CRC Press; 1st edition (December 18, 2020)
- Language: : English