Category : Veterinary Medicine
Advanced Monitoring and Procedures for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, 2nd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Edition : 2
Format : Publisher PDF
File Size : 90.6 MB
ISBN : 9781119581413
By Jamie M. Burkitt Creedon, Harold Davis
Advanced Monitoring and Procedures for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care
Detailed, standardized, step-by-step protocols for easy access to essential information in small animal emergency rooms and intensive care units
Advanced Monitoring and Procedures for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, Second Edition offers a complete and clinically oriented reference for step-by-step detail on a wide range of procedures in the small animal emergency room and intensive care unit. Each protocol provides detailed instructions grounded in the evidence. The book is carefully designed for ease of use, with concise but comprehensive explanations, useful equipment lists, protocols called out in boxes, and extensive reference lists.
In the revised and expanded Second Edition, information has been updated and expanded throughout, and information and chapters have been added in many important areas, including veterinary point-of-care ultrasound (VPOCUS), veterinary CPR, blood banking and transfusion medicine, advanced techniques for mechanical ventilation, and veterinary health care team wellbeing. A companion website offers the protocols in Word for editing and use in practice and the figures from the book in PowerPoint.
Specific topics covered in Advanced Monitoring and Procedures for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care include:
- The cardiovascular system, covering catheterization of the venous compartment, arterial puncture and catheterization, cardiac VPOCUS, principles of electrocardiography, and electrocardiogram interpretation
- The respiratory system, covering oxygen therapy, pulse oximetry and CO-oximetry, blood gas analysis, pleural space and lung VPOCUS, tracheal intubation, and temporary tracheostomy
- The urinary and abdominal systems, covering urethral catheterization, abdominal VPOCUS, peritoneal dialysis, technical management of hemodialysis patients, and peritoneal evaluation
- Transfusion medicine, covering blood banking, blood typing, cross-matching, and administration of blood and other biological products
Advanced Monitoring and Procedures for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care presents invaluable and accessible information for emergency situations, making it a highly useful reference for veterinary practitioners, veterinary technicians and nurses, veterinary students, small animal emergency and critical care residents, small animal emergency and critical care specialists, and emergency and critical care veterinary technicians and nurse specialists.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (June 7, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1088 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119581419
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119581413